Monday, March 12, 2007

I Love You Because……


I am a hopeless romantic and I admit it. I’ve come to realized how much corniness in me showed every time I get to have flutters in my stomach anytime I meet a potential “someone” or chance upon the possibility of a long term relationship. I have been in and out of Love (okay, okay… only a few), happy at most but sad to realize that not too many good things do really last. Lessons were learned but despite of all the hurts it brings along, I suppose nobody can stop me from believing that everybody is meant to find that special someone. We find out so many surprising things about ourselves because of these experiences….. hmmmm…. I am being very sentimental again. Like any other hopefuls on Love, I have always dreamt of a happy ever after for me…. I know that special someone is just around the corner and am I am pretty sure am gonna find him in God’s time.

Until then…. I refuse to be stuck here just trying to sit down and wait. After all, the purest of love does come with great responsibilities and nobody can be too prepared for it. (I think I heard that line several times before???). It comes with so much sacrifices, creativity and a whole lot of sincerity and honesty. And when you talk about Love, too much is not even enough. So everyday, we’ve come to explore the different facts of being in Love, intentionally or unintentionally, often times we come to stumble upon stories, novels, movies and even real life relationships that shows us the diverse aspects of the all encompassing truth about “Love”, which teaches a thing or two. And now, I have come to chance upon one of my favorite stories that I will always treasure in my life. …. An article entitled “Love Notes” by Gwen Romero.

Of all the corny stuffs that I know….this story has touched my heart so deeply that I am looking forward to my own future depicting a similar experience….. and oh boy wouldn’t that be one of the loveliest moments of my life. I can’t wait to finally say the lines I Love You Because……. It would be nice that after all the times together, nothing beats running down a list of why you love your better half. This will surely struck you how wonderfully blessed you are for having someone as beautiful as your husband or wife that makes love grow even deeper than before. Just thinking about it makes me smile and be thankful to realize how much more love I can give.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I did a search for Love Notes by Gwen Romero and found your blog and read this post. My heart swelled!!
Lyn, my name is Phillip Romero and Gwen is my wife.
She wrote that story as a challenge from her students and submitted it to Chicken Soup. I knew as soon as I read it was a winner! She is an amazing woman! God has been so good to us! We have been through a lot, but married for 10 years last March with 5 kids!
Please, if you find time, write her, your words were so touching. She would love to hear from you! If you would like to read about us a little before you email, please go to: www.myspace.com/phillipromero. I am using Gwen's gmail account so it will go to her. Thank you for your kind words and God Bless.
Phillip